Sterile Processing Managers
|STERILE PROCESSING MANAGER|
Manager will be Responsible for:
- Managing a defined product line or work unit (SPD in the main hospital OR and surgery center, decontamination, prep and packaging, sterilization and equipment, also provides services to patient care units, physician offices) in a department assuming the entire span of operation (24/7).
- Maintain educational and skill levels necessary to function as staff.
- Is actively engaged and models the skills and behaviors leading to an outcome of organizational excellence.
- Supports Facility and Best Practice standards and ensures the patient experience is optimized.
- Will complete Leaders Rounding on employees and the Stop Light Report for the unit.
- They will round on key customers daily.
- will maintain unit communications through staff meetings, huddle process, and the pillar bulletin board
- Will be responsible for budget maintenance and oversight along with contributing to position control and productivity monitoring.
- Will be responsible for unit FTE distribution and scheduling, position control updates, productivity monitoring and ensuring safe staffing levels.
- Will maintain accurate Time Card System.
- Will be responsible for staff development by completing direct report evaluation, oversight of the orientation and staff education in collaboration with the Unit Educator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must have a good working knowledge of instruments, the operation/workings of the OR and be able to readily understand their issues and requests. Be able to speak the language of the OR.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required including a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with an instrument tracking system preferred
- Self-starter, ability to work independently when required. Ability to set priorities, be flexible, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Detailed oriented, excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Capable of communicating and coordinating with multiple departments. A team player.
EDUCATION / REQUIRED:
- Three consecutive years working in a sterile processing department or operating room environment and acquired knowledge of decontamination and sterilization sciences, case cart systems and medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
- A minimum of one year current in a management role with proven management accountability.
High School diploma or GED required.
Certification as a surgical technologist or sterile processing technician.
- Accredited certification program such as the CBSPD sterilization certification or CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) or Certification for IAHCSMM CHL (Certification in Healthcare Leadership)